You all knew very well about motor oil, in this blog we are going to understand about synthetic oil. Synthetic oil works as a lubricant in the vehicle, it protects the moving parts from early wear and tear, it also reduces the friction that leads to the good performance of the engine. All these advantages show how synthetic oil is vital for your truck.
There are various myths and different thoughts about the manufacturing of synthetic oil, some say it contains petroleum components while some suggest it is made from raw materials, but all the procedures include crude oil as a base product. The manufacturing of synthetic oil includes the synthesis and composition of additives, that is why it is called synthetic oil. The motor oil is made from distillation, unlike this synthetic oil is manufactured by a process called Fischer-Tropsch process. The first use of this process for making synthetic oil was started in Germany during WW2. The main reason for using synthetic oil in the place of regular oil is that you can operate this oil in extreme temperatures.
Advantages Of Synthetic Oil:
- Wear And Tear Protection: It is usual that moving parts of a truck engine like a piston, connecting rods, crankshaft, valves, and gear train becomes wear and tear with the course of time, the more they work the more they tear. To protect your trucks’ essential part from damage, you should use synthetic oil because it gave away better protection against wear and tear in comparison to regular oils.
- Reduces Friction: The second advantage of synthetic oil is that it has a really good control against friction than any other motor oil.
- Reduces Heat In The Engine: Reduction in friction automatically reduces the heat in the internal combustion engine which is a very good thing for the engine of your truck because it results in good engine performance.
- Saves Engine Power: By lubricating the moving parts of the engine and reducing the heat in the internal combustion engine, the synthetic oil saves a lot of engine power.
- High Productivity Even In Maximal Temperatures: The synthetic oil gives the best oil flow in extreme temperatures which directly increases the vehicle’s overall performance.
- Budget-Friendly: Synthetic oil gives good oil, so the people who are concerned about their money should go for synthetic oil.
Types Of Synthetic Oil:
There are two types of synthetic oil:
- Synthetic Blend Oil
- Fully Synthetic Oil
Synthetic Blend Oil:
This type of oil is made by mixing conventional oil and synthetic base stock. Synthetic blend oil gives better performance and protection in comparison to regular oil due to the presence of synthetic base stock. The main advantage of using synthetic blend oil is that you get the features of synthetic oil in the budget of conventional oil.
Best Brands of Synthetic blend oil:
- Rotella T5
- Delo XLE 10W
- Mobil Delvac 1300 Super 15W-40
- Castrol Hypuron (Semi Synthetic 15W40)
- Castrol EDGE Extended Performance
Fully Synthetic Oil:
The components used in the manufacturing of this oil include synthetic base stock and lots of additives to increase the performance of the oil. Every brand of synthetic oil in the market offers high performance but the performance of a synthetic oil depends on the type of additive mixed in it.
Best Brands of fully Synthetic oil:
- Rotella T6
- Castrol Tection Extra 15W40
- Mobil 1 Extended Performance 5W-30
- Castrol EDGE 5W-30
- Valvoline SynPower 5w-20 Full Synthetic
For more information about synthetic oil Ontario contact us at our toll-free number +1-888-785-5823 or visit us at Hwy Exit 579, Hwy 401, Napanee, ON.